Thursday, February 25, 2010

My Get up and Go just got up and went

To say it's been a while is a complete understatement. I don't even think anyone drops by here anymore but nonetheless I've got to get back into the swing of putting my thoughts down on a page again.

A lot has happened since I was last in the blogosphere - let's see.

1. I lost my job (not the worst thing in the world to happen to me - it was time to move on and I got to do it with a package - YEAH!)

2. Mr. C's Aunt passed away after a short but valiant battle with cancer. That really put the job loss into perspective.

3. I've become a lot calmer and more balanced (on account of number 1) which is a great thing because I've been able to take up a lot of activities that I otherwise would not have had the time to do. For example meditating - i've been doing that for up to 1.5 hours a day and it is a great stress relief and really keeps me focused while I look for a job.

4. I'm looking for a job and I feel really fortunate because I'm averaging at least one interview a week since I really started looking - I'm looking for a Director of Marketing position or a Senior Marketing Manager position in Toronto or in Mississauga so if you know of anyone hiring, please let me know.

5. I've got a contract that's bringing in some coin and helping keep my sanity and keeping the coffers topped up.

6. I've become a serial networker and have met some really cool people that I know I'll be friends with for a while. One of my goals every year is to meet new people and I've met some great people that I'm looking forward to developing friendships with.

7. I GOT A MAC - Whooo Hoooo! I haven't named her yet but she's never far from my side when I'm at home.

So that's it for now. I'll see you all soon.

1 comment:

Scribe said...

Welcome back Mim! I'm glad you're doing so well. Sooo looking forward to catching up with you!