Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Waiting in the dark

My cousin told me this the other day and it really resonated with me. It reminds me of something someone else told me back in April that continues to stay with me.

When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do no see the one which has opened for us.

I don't want to be one of those people who keeps looking at the close door but I constantly find myself constantly having to remind myself to STOP LOOKING AT THE CLOSED DOOR!

I'm a little bit in the dark right now waiting for the pin prick of light to appear so I can move in the right direction. It's so hard because sometimes I feel like the powers that be can't see or hear me waiting impatiently in the dark alone. So I'm sending out this simple prayer to you Dear Lord asking you to protect and watch over me while I wait in the dark

Because he loves me,

I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him.
With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation

Amen

No comments: