Tuesday, September 15, 2009

99 Red Balloons go by...

Well my grand plan for tonight was something like this.

Come home, do some light vacuuming, finish the laundry, download some new songs on my ipod, make a fabulous dinner for Mr. C, walk TJ, go to the gym, read a couple of chapters from the latest Christine Feehan novel and settle in to watch TV while finishing the bottle of Crianza that we opened a couple of days ago.

Then I came home...

I started dinner and had just put the chicken in the oven when... there was a knock on the door... it was angelic-faced circus freak dropping off a bouquet of 99 red balloons ... the evening went downhill from here.

I then spent the rest of the evening running around trying to keep the balloons in check while, searching high and low for a piece of paper that was just determined not to be found, dealing with an angry LARGE dog who was not pleased to have missed his walkies, answering calls from telemarketers trying to sell me duct cleaning that I really don't need.

THEN to top it off, I kept getting emails from people at work asking me completely random questions about stuff that I REALLY don't care about after 5pm.

I'm heading to bed now hugging my bottle of crianza, only stopping to grab a straw cause that's how really classy people drink wine.

Later ya'll

2 comments:

Simply Mags said...

It seems there are a lot of circus freaks stopping by doors as of late with a bouquet of 99 Red Balloons........funny...I opened a bottle of red wine as well last night prior to my fiasco with Bell India, errr, I mean Bell Canada. Made the frustrating experience a little less so......

Olive and Ruby Cook said...

It's a freakin mess. They followed me here to work as well.

They're treating to take over the world....