Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Sound of Freedom!!!!

So not the most creative blog title but, excuse me - I'm brain dead and sitting on the world's most boring sales call so I'm doing what I need to do - finishing my homework. So I have class tonight and I really struggled on this assignment. I am having performance anxiety!

After last week I didn't want to submit something that was the equivalent of a wet noodle. So I decided to write something about my favourite subject and the muse behind my blog - TJ.

Assigment #2

The Sound of Freedom

The sound of the front door slamming softly shook the house. They were gone. After weeks of plotting he’d finally found his opportunity to escape. While he was tempted to spring up and rush upstairs, he lay there quietly listening to the wooden floor boards and the walls settling in around him. After what seemed like an eternity, he noiselessly crept towards the stairs and looked up – half expecting to see someone looking down at him – but much to his surprise the door to the basement was open.

He took the stairs two at a time and burst out onto the main floor. It was a big cavernous room partially filled with furniture and long shadows with lots of hiding places to explore. He bounded over to the half-opened window, where he could hear the distant float of laughter and music and smell the blissful aroma of fresh baked bread. He could barely contain himself as he jumped around, howled and yipped excitedly. THIS WAS FREEDOM!

He was so caught celebrating that he didn’t hear the sound of the key fumbling in the lock of the front door, nor the soft creak as the door opened. In mid yip he turned and as his arctic blue eye met her nut brown ones, he knew he was in trouble.

So I had my trusty workplace editor Miss V review my homework and she made some really great tightening tips so I followed her advice. Again any comments would be appreciated.

I've decided to take the plunge and develop assignment number one into a short story.Now I have to come up with the rest of the words for it. Scribe I may need some professional editing assistance from you.

2 comments:

Scribe said...

I'm there for ya Mim!

The Peach Tart said...

Your writing is good. You can do it!