Thursday, April 8, 2010

I have many things to be grateful for

Rainy days - now I don't have to wet my lawn - The neighbours were starting to give me the evil eye cause they were all out in their gardens last weekend and I was actually OUT enjoying the weather. To my neighbour who was out mowing his lawn on Sunday, you might wanna consider taking your Xmas garland down...It's April..I guess on the plus side, only 8 more months to Xmas.

A supportive,loving mate - All of my blog readers (all 2 of you) know by now I'm entering month 5 of looking for work and I'm on such a roller coaster of emotions, I'm sure Mr. C doesn't know who he's going to come home to meet... happy bubbly me or dark and twisty Ms. C. I'm looking for a fairly senior position and according to the experts, it takes about a month for every 20K you're looking for. I wonder if I should be factoring that into my salary negotiations...hmmm

New friends - GH and CLF have kept me company during some of the long days and are a constant source of humour for me. Now that CLF has found a job - yay for her! GH and I will continue with the time honoured Friday afternoon drink. 

Travel plans - An upcoming trip to China for a good friend's wedding and a weekend in New York with Shoppers Drug Mart - as soon as I find a job - NY that is, China is on job or not :)

A snoring, farting, loving dog - Along with his horrible bowl manners - excessive slurping when drinking, crunching with his mouth open and burping in your face he seems to be developing a flatulence problem as he gets older. On a good day you hope it's a SD - Silent and Deadly one but sometimes it's LFF - Loud and Fragrance Free, so loud someone asked me once if I was farting while on the phone and I had to say it's my dog, but I have a feeling they really didn't believe me, thank god it wasn't a prospective employer...


No comments: