Friday, March 19, 2010

Namaste

I seem to be going through some kind of spiritual shift, awakening. 




Ever since I was a little child, I've always had a fascination with the Hindu religion but when I expressed my fascination with the religion and my desire to experiment to my grandmother and father quickly quashed those desires.  


Over the years, the feeling has raised itself several times and over the last couple of months I've felt a really strong pull to explore the teachings of the gurus and explore the wonders of Vedic meditation. For the last 2-3 months, I've been meditating every day or almost everyday and as I grow in my practise and become more confident in my chants, so does the desire to switch from Catholicism to Hinduism.  




My dear grandmother passed away a couple of years ago and sometimes I wonder if she's looking over my shoulder while I'm in the lotus position chanting the miracle mantra from the Guru Vashista...



3 comments:

Anasatan said...

Follow your heart, Mim...it knows where it wants to go.

Scribe said...

Ditto Anasatan! I've been toying with Paganism, Wicca and Hindu, so soon I'll be a tree-hugging witch who meditates. Or is that medicates..

Scribe said...

Namaste, Mim! Thanks for the pick-up and ride home tonight. I'm much more relaxed now.