Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Bikini .. Burquini...

I was reading an article today about a muslim woman in France who was denied access to a public pool because she was wearing a burquini.

I'd never heard of this exotic swimsuit so after a quick google search here's what I found. A Burquini is a a two piece full length lycra swimsuit made up of pants and a loose A line top with a hijab head covering attached. Modest enough - to meet strict Islamic standards, but light fitting enough to enable the wearer to swim without encumbrance. (see pic on left)

This suit seems quite inventive because I couldn't image how much of a drag it would be to go to the beach on a hot day and have to sit there under a burqua. According to the french official they were saving the other swimmers from the food dropping, viruses, bacteria, sweat and bodily waste that clings to the fabric of the burquini. WTF?

He was worried that muslim women would run around town in their swimsuit running errands before heading to the pool for a quick dip and in the process transfer their germs the other scantily clad swimmers. I mean haven't you seen me at the supermarket in my tankini?

What a crock of pure, unadulterated shit! Pehaps the jackass had never been to a resort where people eat, swim, going to town and even going on horseback riding in their swimsuits. But I guess those swimsuits are stitched up with some germ repellent thread and because of their size, the germs have less places to hide.

Well to the Bigot who caused such a stir - that the interational news picked up this story -I say Thank You! Not only have you stirred up thousands of dollars in free advertising for the designer but you've educated some women on the fact that this wonderful suit is there.
  • For women that have been scarred or disfigured and have perhaps been unable to go swimming for fear of people staring at their bodies, there is hope.
  • For the women who are so sensitive to the sun that they can't expose their skin for large periods of time for fear of incurring 1st degree burns - there is hope
  • For those who have more than a few pounds they'd like to hide - there is hope
  • For those who exhibit poor taste in swimsuit selection - it should be mandatory
Now, not everyone has a body that can fill out a teeny gold bikini like my buddy Mags but Mags there's even a burquini available for you!
Just Kiiidddddinggggg!

1 comment:

Simply Mags said...

LMFAO......I can't believe that they have a gold burquini for me! That's awesome......It might be a little more appropriate for when I become a silver fox. I don't like the fact though that it covers my ta ta's......perhpas I could modify it slightly by cutting some holes in it....... :)