Monday, August 10, 2009

Where do you find the words...


Some dear friends of mine are going a very difficult time in their life right now. They are in a battle to save their child and every so often they get thrown a new challenge that would rock anyone to their core.

I spoke to another friend tonight and she asked what do you say to someone in that situation and that got me thinking... There are a multitude of platitudes that you can say at a time like this but they all seem so inappropriate...although well meaning.

Although I don't live very close to the family and I'm not as close to them as others. If I could, I would reach out and just a rest a hand on their shoulder to let them know that I've joined the ranks of those standing behind them giving them strength and love to carry on...