Sunday, August 16, 2009

Mr. C goes Bollywood...

Yup it's happened people - Mr. C has decided to embrace his heritage and returned to his roots. Well at least for one night...He met up with a few of his Bollywood peeps to have an "authentic meal" in Little India. If it's one thing that you gotta know about me is that I Lurve Indian food.

I fell asleep before he came home so with baited breath I waited to hear about all of the gastronomic delights and his rating of the restaurant. The conversation went something like this.

Mim: How was it? Did you enjoy it? What'd you have?
Mr. C: It was aiight! I had some biriyani and some other crap.
Mim: Was it spicy? Did you try something new anything that we can try sometime soon? What was the name of the restaurant? Would you go again?
Mr. C: Is the AC on 'cause it's hot in here?

That was the end of the conversation. Looking back I realized I probably asked way to many questions at once and he lost the plot or tuned me out. I would have been gushing about the meal, the presentation of the dishes, the spices, the smells and the overall experience. Oh well - he did bring home a souvenir from the night now I just wonder if he'll watch it with me.

No comments: