Saturday, August 8, 2009

Buyer's remorse... I don't think so

Before we bought our house we were told to expect some sleepless nights cause we'd feel so overwhelmed by buyers remorse - did we make the right decision, should we have chosen another house, how are we going to pay off the mortgage. Apparently buyer's remorse takes many different forms, most of them typified by a high level of anxiety, usually about having made the wrong decision.

I felt none of that, in fact I was so excited I couldn't wait to start decorating and could barely wait the 8 months to get the house. In fact I think the only sleepless night throughout the whole process was whether or not the house would be ready on the closing date and would my cabinets be stained the right colour.

Mr. C, Mother and I went shopping yesterday. We went to the mall cause I'm going to be buying my first apple computer in the next couple of weeks/months. I saw what I wanted online and just wanted to buy but Mr. C is the type that he has to research the heck out of a purchase before he commits - kinda like squeezing all the juice out of a lemon.

He is mystified that I can plunk down that kind of cash and not even blink. It got me thinking is Should I feel bad, should I be tossing and turning at night thinking about the impending purchase? Well I am anxious alright, I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of my newest toy...

I've gotta say I've never really felt buyers remorse about anything that I've purchased... Well there was that one pair of pants that looked good front but far from good from the back...

No comments: